Below are the directions for turning off the automatic docking feature in Windows 7.
- Click the start button in the bottom, left hand corner of the operating window
- Click Control Panel from the selections on the right-hand side of the menu
- Click the Ease of Access option from the Adjust your Computer Settings dialog box
- Click Ease of Access Centre from the Ease of Access dialog box
- Scroll down to the bottom of the dialog box and select Make it Easier to Focus on Tasks
- Scroll down to the bottom of the dialog box until you reach the section: Make It Easier to Manage Windows.
- Click the check box to the left of Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.
- Click the OK Button when done.